About the Mansion Learn about our roots in the Central Austin area.
The Mansion is a Texas Historic Landmark, an Austin Historic Landmark and is listed with the National Register of Historic places. It was designed by noted Dallas architect Henry Coke Knight to be the state headquarters for the Texas Federation of Women's Clubs and is considered to be one of the best examples of Georgian Revival architecture in Texas. It was completed in 1931 with assistance from noted philanthropist, Clara Driscoll, whose Austin residence was Laguna Gloria, current home of the Austin Museum of Art.
The Mansion is adjacent to the Neill-Cochran House, built in 1855, and acts as a cornerstone to the historic Judge's Hill neighborhood, a few blocks west of the University of Texas campus. It is convenient to Lamar Boulevard, Mopac Expressway and IH 35, and is a short drive from restaurants, churches, bed and breakfasts, and hotels. Need Directions?